As in interventional cardiology, 89% of engineers are men. A toy company in San Francisco, CA has decided to do something about this, launching a line of toys called GoldieBlox that encourage girls to build. If we continue to address the social and developmental barriers that keep our young girls from pursuing careers in math and science, we will hopefully start to see change. Block on, ladies.
- SCAI Honors Members for Outstanding Service, Dedication May 14, 2015
- Real-World Data Show Prasugrel Is More Likely to Be Used in Low-Risk Patients May 8, 2015
- Short-Acting Antiplatelet Drug Cilostazol Safely Helps Patients Stop May 8, 2015
- Dr. James C. Blankenship Inducted as 39th SCAI President May 8, 2015
- Risk Algorithm Helps Interventional Cardiologists Identify Patients Who May Benefit From More Intensive Antiplatelet Medication May 8, 2015