As in interventional cardiology, 89% of engineers are men. A toy company in San Francisco, CA has decided to do something about this, launching a line of toys called GoldieBlox that encourage girls to build. If we continue to address the social and developmental barriers that keep our young girls from pursuing careers in math and science, we will hopefully start to see change. Block on, ladies.
- SCAI Statement on “Twelve or 30 Months of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After Drug-Eluting Stents (DAPT),” Presented at AHA Scientific Sessions November 16, 2014
- SCAI Publishes Consensus Statement on Use of Left Ventriculography November 4, 2014
- SCAI Expands AUC Calculator App to Support Clinical Decision Making for Diagnostic Catheterization and Imaging for Heart Failure October 1, 2014
- Societies Release First Appropriate Use Criteria for Pediatric Heart Disease September 29, 2014
- Study Finds Women Underrepresented in Interventional Cardiology Field September 14, 2014