As in interventional cardiology, 89% of engineers are men. A toy company in San Francisco, CA has decided to do something about this, launching a line of toys called GoldieBlox that encourage girls to build. If we continue to address the social and developmental barriers that keep our young girls from pursuing careers in math and science, we will hopefully start to see change. Block on, ladies.
- Survey Finds Half of Heart Stent Patients Don’t Take Their Oral Antiplatelet Medication As Prescribed April 28, 2015
- Leading Cardiovascular Societies Release New Guidance on Use of Heart Pumps April 7, 2015
- Interventional Cardiologists Continue to Face Risk of Work-Related Injury Despite Increased Awareness, According to SCAI Survey April 7, 2015
- SCAI 2015 Opening Session to Highlight How Disruptive Technologies Will Change Interventional Cardiology March 30, 2015
- New Expert Consensus Statement Provides Recommendations to Guide Minimally Invasive Valve Treatments for Children and Adults March 24, 2015