As in interventional cardiology, 89% of engineers are men. A toy company in San Francisco, CA has decided to do something about this, launching a line of toys called GoldieBlox that encourage girls to build. If we continue to address the social and developmental barriers that keep our young girls from pursuing careers in math and science, we will hopefully start to see change. Block on, ladies.
- SCAI 2015 Opening Session to Highlight How Disruptive Technologies Will Change Interventional Cardiology March 30, 2015
- New Expert Consensus Statement Provides Recommendations to Guide Minimally Invasive Valve Treatments for Children and Adults March 24, 2015
- Twelve Early-Career Interventional Cardiologists Selected for Emerging Leader Mentorship Program February 23, 2015
- Dr. Joseph Loscalzo to Deliver SCAI 2015 Mullins Lecture on How Network Medicine Could Uncover Personalized Treatments for Heart Disease February 17, 2015
- SCAI 2015 Hildner Lecture Will Highlight Critical Need for More Clinical Research in Interventional Cardiology January 5, 2015