As in interventional cardiology, 89% of engineers are men. A toy company in San Francisco, CA has decided to do something about this, launching a line of toys called GoldieBlox that encourage girls to build. If we continue to address the social and developmental barriers that keep our young girls from pursuing careers in math and science, we will hopefully start to see change. Block on, ladies.
- Societies Release First Appropriate Use Criteria for Pediatric Heart Disease September 29, 2014
- Study Finds Women Underrepresented in Interventional Cardiology Field September 14, 2014
- SCAI Names Lisa Olson Executive Director September 12, 2014
- SCAI Statement on New Report Showing Heart Disease Deaths Dropped Significantly in Past Decade August 19, 2014
- SCAI Publishes Expert Consensus Recommendations for Treatment of Renal Artery Stenosis August 19, 2014