As in interventional cardiology, 89% of engineers are men. A toy company in San Francisco, CA has decided to do something about this, launching a line of toys called GoldieBlox that encourage girls to build. If we continue to address the social and developmental barriers that keep our young girls from pursuing careers in math and science, we will hopefully start to see change. Block on, ladies.
- SCAI Releases Expert Consensus for Cardio-Oncology Patients Treated in Cardiac Catherization Labs January 12, 2016
- SCAI/SVM Expert Consensus Statement on Carotid Stenting: Training and Credentialing for Carotid Stenting December 18, 2015
- SCAI, ACC and HRS Release Expert Consensus on Left Atrial Appendage Institutional and Operator Requirements December 10, 2015
- Appropriateness of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Trends Show Significant Change in Management November 9, 2015
- New Guidance Issued for Multivessel PCI, Thrombectomy in Heart Attack Patients October 21, 2015